Vail Ranch Vision Center knows that you deserve the best access to the best eye care that is available regardless of where you live; and the most important component of receiving quality eye care is a comprehensive eye exam. Receiving an annual eye exam ensures the health of your eyes and the clarity of your vision no matter what age you are. It is estimated that nearly 3 million adults are living with glaucoma in America, half of whom are not aware they have it. Getting an eye exam could lead to the detection of vision problems, eye conditions or illnesses, and protect the health of your eyes for years come.
Do i need an eye exam?
It may be time to schedule your annual exam.
Some symptoms include :
- Eye strain, headaches, or blurred vision after spending lots of time at a computer
- You have difficulty driving at night, or reading street signs (especially in the dark)
- You don’t remember the last time you recieved and eye exam; if it’s been over a year it’s time to schedule an appointment
- Your eyes are red, itchy or dry
- You are seeing spots or flashes of light
- You get dizzy or have trouble following a moving target
- You find yourself holding reading materials away from your face
- You squint, or close one eye to see things clearly
- You have diabetes or another health condition that affects your eyes. Also, if you have a family history of conditions like diabetes or glaucoma you may need exams more often, especially as you age